(Director, Solicitor) LLB
Professional legal qualifications:
- Bachelor of Laws
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland
- Solicitor of the High Court of Australia
- Queensland Law Society Accredited Family Law Specialist
- Queensland Law Society Accredited Personal Injuries Specialist
- Member of the Family Law Practitioners Association of Queensland (FLPAQ)
Since being admitted as a Solicitor in Queensland 30 years ago, Stephen has practised law continuously and expertly, consistently achieving the best possible outcomes for his clients. He does so through his strong legal and negotiation skills and, if necessary, his proficiency as a litigator in the Queensland and Federal courts.
After being employed by this firm in 1984, Stephen partnered with Stephen Jones in 1988, and since then, has directed Jones Leach Lawyers with devotion and vitality. Throughout his over three decades of experience, Stephen has cultivated a loyal clientele across the state, who return to him again and again for his diligence, advocacy, honesty and acute understanding of Queensland’s legal system.
Stephen’s expertise particularly lies in Family & De Facto and Personal Injuries Law, evidenced by his status as an accredited specialist in both areas. Being one of just two Queensland lawyers with a dual accreditation in those spheres, he holds a rare distinction above others in his field.
Clients engage Stephen with matters relevant to many legal fields, including:
- Personal injuries claims arising throughout Queensland (including Workcover, motor vehicle and public liability claims), from minor injuries that affect the claimant’s work capacity through to multi-million dollar claims for the seriously injured
- Family & de facto law (including separation and divorce, marital and de facto property settlement, child-related matters, spousal maintenance and disputes involving third parties – e.g. the parents of one spouse to whom money has been loaned)
- Estate planning and litigation (including, but not limited to, wills, enduring powers of attorney, testamentary trusts, disputes about the testamentary capacity of the willmaker, family provision claims and estate administration and disputes)
- Commercial property matters (including, but not limited to, leasing, purchases and sales)
- Business law (including ShareSale Agreements and Business sales / purchases).
In Stephen’s more-than-capable hands, you will feel respected, secure and satisfied. Book a consultation today.